Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how often do guys here string up new line? For me I usually do it late in the winter when I start getting the itch to go fishing again. Also I re-spool when something major happens (i.e. really bad backlash).

Just looking for people's two cents.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Mono I change a couple of times a season, depending upon how often I go fishing. Usually if the line on your spinning reels is tangling, it's time to change.

MrB, I'm curious why you change braid so often? It's supposed to last several seasons.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Doc, A couple of reasons I change are due to the spool getting low, this is usually the case most often because I multi species fish alot and retie often. Every once in awhile braid will start acting funky when it gets old, alot limper and starts to become bothersome. Also take into account that my stuff usually sits in the hot sun in my car. And then sometimes I do it because I can be a little OCD at times and just like to have some shiny new line on. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.