Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently uncovered a few boxes of lures I thought I had lost long ago. One box was full of spinnerbaits and buzzbaits and the other was loaded with swimjigs and football head jigs. Unfortunately, all of the skirts had some kind of melted issues or the rubber bands that held the skirts to the body had failed. All of these lures need new skirts, and there are over 40 or 50 individual lures there.

For the jigs, black/blue, PB&J, green pumpkin, brown/orange craw, olive/black, and white/chartruese are what I need. For the spinnerbaits and buzzbaits it's mostly whites and chartruese with a few black or black/red.

Has anyone seen/found/bought skirts in large quantities (50-ish) at a time and gotten a good deal on quality material? A variety pack would be awesome, or even 5 packs of 10 different color combos?

I've seen the stuff on Amazon from China or whatever and I'm not sure I want to spend $1/skirt for unknown quality. Unless, you've ordered those and can give me a review on what you ordered...

Maybe a local guy making his own? I'd definatley be interested in supporting a small business too if that's an option. I'm just not finding what I'm looking for online.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I bought some skirt material from a a lure making website. Not sure which site. Jann's Netcraft maybe. It was bulk material that has to be cut and tied on not premade. It's fine if you want to put in the effort.

~JOE~

·
Registered
694 Posts
I tie jigs ,so I have what I need ,so I just tie the spinner baits like giant jig,you can make some skirt material with tinsel,and use plastic ties to attach

Attachments

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record but check out eBay. I've bought skirts, leaders and lots of other stuff & have had good results. Just be sure to filter for "US ONLY". You can also filter for "Lots" - good when you're looking for quantities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the old fashion rubber skirts go to H & H Lure Company. They sell bulk but not sure about variety.
hhlure.com

·
Registered
152 Posts
Old Salt's pic reminded me of a good, cheap source of brightly colored jig tying material is the toy section of most thrift stores. The hair on dolls, animals, etc. come in all sorts of cool colors.
I may have clipped the mane on a few of my sister's little ponies, but it was for a good cause...obviously.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the old fashion rubber skirts go to H & H Lure Company. They sell bulk but not sure about variety.
hhlure.com
YAY!!! My husband deserves a gift. I read a blog post about the best dive watch under 1k. Tell me this blog provides accurate information about watches. Because it is quite expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts