Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Sunday I hit some local ponds with a buddy of mine who I haven't seen in a long time. We caught a total of 9 bass with only one being less than 16". The bass were caught on large roaches under tip-ups. Obviously, it was a pretty good day. These are some of the bigger ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would love to target some lm! I only caught one by accident this year. Great fish!!! :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Bass Paul!!! Hopeflly the 2nd one makes it. I have accidentally gut hooked a bass before nder a tip-up. :cry: I hope the best for her. It happens though...

Nice Bass, Sounds like a kickass time! :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I always think tournament when I talk about LM. I'd like to get at least 5 2lbers for a limit on every tournament I've ever fished. I would win a lot of money. That's all it takes. Amazing how people will do well one day and bomb the 2nd day of competition. Consistency always wins. Watch KVD.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ohhhh...that makes more sense now. I could not imagine anyone eating one of those. I'm sure not being able to use live bait makes all the difference.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Largemouth can be tasty. But I don't want to eat my friends. I like to see them again and again and give them a spa treatment in my livewell. Extra Rejuvenade for the overweight ones.

·
Registered
400 Posts
LOL. I like the spa treatment remark...you crack me up.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bossman41 said:
Hey Paul did you guy's gut hook the second one as she is bleeding pretty bad! :(
Thanks for all the kind words eveyone. It was pretty cool being out there. I'm not much of an ice fisherman so I look at the day as a bonus.

Yeah the 2nd one was gut-hooked but we got the hook out rather easily and she sure did take off when released. Hopefully, she makes it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Paul you guy's should try using single hooks! A lot less harm to the bass incase they do swallow it! Where you guy's by chance fishing the lake off I 80 and route 45 by ozinga's! It looks familiar to me as I am from tinley also. Lance [Bossman]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.