Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish with my buddy jim by Grand and River Road. Tried spinners, lures with no luck. Since we live a few blocks away wanted to try that area. I need to practice more on the rivers.I think I was distracted by the smell of jene and judes across the street haha. All and all I was happy to get out and try some new places. If anyone has tips for fishing that area I would love to learn. Have a great one!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Aww man!!! Gene and Judes is the best!!! I am always up for making the drive 35 minutes from schaumburg to go there. My Grandma use to live right around the corner from there as well as my mom and pops before I was born. I hope you atleast stopped and got a hot dog at G-judes before you went home!!! :lol: Darn, I'm hungry now!

You will get em next time!

·
Registered
506 Posts
It was still a good time out there today Rob. We got plenty more chances out there this year! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jim we always have an adventure fishing plenty more to go young season! Nothing better than the six am Mcdonalds runs and fishing all day with the girlfriends texting us all day haha

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Great to read your report. Even though you didn't get on any fish, you went out, had a good time, and seem determined to learn river fishing and get on some action.

I myself, have only been into river fishing the past few years. It really is a different experience from fishing lakes. What I enjoy most is the opportunities to explore, work from shore, and not really need fancy equipment or a big boat.

Here in the Chicago area most of us are quite close to many rivers including the Chicago River and it's tributaries, the Des Plaines River, the Fox River, The Kankakee River, and many other creeks and tributaries.

It's often amazing that the very waters we drive past, or over so many time hold great fish!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jason for the reply. I am really going to get out to the rivers and learn as much as I can. I look forward to working many local rivers this year! Glad to be part of the website Thank you!

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Robbie... like I say, get out there and enjoy. And when you get skunked - still report it (I have a TON of such posts here on my own site!)

The thing is, each outing is a learning experience. I started this site 11 years ago as kind of my own online diary of fishing outings. The unsuccessful outings help you learn as much as the successful outings do. It's all about getting out there and fishing.

Windycityfishing.com is here to help everyone enjoy fishing in the Chicago area. Don't be afraid to ask questions and always use this site as a tool to enhance your own fishing outings.

"No intimidation, just education." THAT is why WCF is here.

Enjoy the site my friend.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you want to fish that area try driving north a little on River rd. on the stretch between Irving park rd and Lawrence . I it this walking back and forth usually catching Northern Pike and time to time a Large mouth bass would hit. There is not no big size to these fish just all fun. There actually is a little creek that comes out on that stretch and it seems that the Northern like to hide in there. Maybe you should try that section I know I never produced off of grand and river rd. Also Park Ridge Dam is pretty decent for NOrthern pike that isnt to far down as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.