Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all. Been awhile since I posted thanks to my insanse work schedule. Hit up the lagoons a couple times over the last couple weeks with a bunch of small white bass & some decent 'eyes as a reward for my efforts, as well as a few nice bass on buzzbaits well after dark on a local retention pond.
As for The Glen, arrived just before 7 & fished till 8:15, primarily in search of Mr. Walter (I like fishing for walleyes if you haven't figured out yet). Started at one spot that's always worked for me but only got a few taps so I began scouting out other locations and spotted an area that looked promising for Spring eyes. Well, they were right where they should be. Landed 6 between 14-18", lost 2 more including one 20"+ next to shore, and missed a few more bumps. Wish I had my camera on me but left it in my car like a dumbass. All caught on a jig & crawler or jig & Gulp minnow. Great night... I love fishing for walleyes! I'll be out again this weekend, you can bet on that. As always, good fishing.
Alex

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya Matt... I feel like if I don't start taking pics I'm gonna be dubbed the Boy Who Cried Wolf on WCF. If anything I really was upset at myself for not having more pics for my personal album. I got some pics of a few nice ones from the lagoons from last week but need to find some time to upload 'em. I'll be bringing the camera tonite for sure. If you need further proof you can contact the wife about the smell on my hands when I hugged her hello yesterday :wink: Good fishing.
Alex

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be worth trying Doc... I always prefer fishing bodies of water where both bass & other predators are present like pike or walleye and offering presentations that give me a chance at both (or all three) species, but this time of the year when the bass are doing their thing I don't like fishing for them period and instead target 'eyes on lakes or pike on the river. Oh yeah, forgot in my last report I hit the river last weekend for half an hour w/ some jigs & cranks & got a 28" pike on my first cast and a fat 13" crappie on my last cast. Good fishing.
Alex

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I hear you Alex, but I don't think that the bass are spawning yet at the Glen. I caught 5 of them this week and none of them had tails that looked like they were fanning a bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.