Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to ig around 530 after the storms had moved out pretty much and fished till 815. Went 4/6 on the day with 2 bass and one monster carp. Started casting a trap and i snagged this carp which i though was a pig bass but after about 5 seconds i knew it wasnt.

Continued to walk along the shore line and picked up a dink 11 incher and then i get whacked by this pig that has a crappie jammed in its throat and still alive. It was somewhere around 4+ pounds.

20 minutes later i hook into a nice 3 pound bass on the same trap.

All in all i think it was a very productive day. My friend also picked up a bass at the end. About 3 pounds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My favorite part of the carp picture is that I can be seen over your right shoulder fishing from the dock. Thanks for including me in your pic and free publicity.
...Nice meeting you out there, I was rather shocked when you snagged that carp. That crappie in the bass was quite a trip too. Had a little too much of an appetite, that fish.
Ending up with 3 bass that day, all eventually on chatterbait.

Here is the pics of 2 of the 3, my camera ran out of battery so had to use the sucky camera phone.

I'm sure I'll see you out there again. Nice fish!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.