Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site a couple of days ago and I love it. What a great resource. I got out to Lake Arlington twice this past weekend. What a great park and lake. I had never heard of it before, but I got a good tip from the Salmon Shop in Palatine as well as looking at this site. Both days I was there from 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.. The fish are hitting pretty good right now. Stuck exclusively to a chartreuse mini-mite tipped with wax worms. My wife and I pulled in 2 largemouth and 16 bluegill on Saturday and 3 largemouth and 18 bluegill on Sunday. Of the 5 largemouth caught we had 2 that were in the 10" range and the other 3 were in the 6" range. The bluegill went from tiny up to about 6", but they had good weight to them. I was pretty excited about it as this is the first time I have been back out fishing in 10 years. I don't know what took so long, but I am "hooked" again. I will have to try some of the other lakes in the area too.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the nice weather that we had over the weekend by getting out and fishing. I have caught a few LMB at Lake Arlington last year. I would suggest larger bait next time though. Usually smaller baits will only get you the smaller fish.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to the site, my friend and thanks for the kind words about the site!

I really enjoy going to Lake Arlington. It's one of those lakes where you can work the entire shoreline in a couple of hours and enjoy some nice summer evenings.

My best bass there was last year and was 18", but there are plenty of decent sized fish to be had.

Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you out at lake Arlington sometime.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the board.

I had my best day ever at Lake Arlington last year. I must have fallen into a bed or something and pulled in 20-25 LMB (I didnt count) all in the 12-18 inch range. I was using roaches and every plastic known to man (lizards, worms, twisters)

·
Registered
204 Posts
:D New to the site. Fished lake arlington too. had some LMB 14 16 and 18 my best. Im new to this message post , but i hope i get better at it with your help nice site cool pics. hope i can show u some pics. Thats if i figure it out.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree on the mini mite comment. I have fished at some point over the last 4 days and every day the main contributor to my fish catching was a chartreuse mini mite. I have caught bass, crappie, and bluegill on it. They love the damn things. 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.