Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
perch season in illinois ends in july for anyone over the age of 16. You have a month to get out there and get some, and there are plenty out there. Was out at diversey harbor Sunday with my dad and caught about 70-100 and only kept 20 of the bigger ones. There's a daily bag limit of 15 per person. For anyone under the age of 16 you can continue to fish for them as long as you'd like and there's a daily bag limit of 10 starting July 1. Get out there and get em' while the gettin is good and enjoy!!! Already ate some from sunday morning and they were delicious!!! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
pezdek1 said:
perch season in illinois ends in july for anyone over the age of 16. You have a month to get out there and get some, and there are plenty out there. Was out at diversey harbor Sunday with my dad and caught about 70-100 and only kept 20 of the bigger ones. There's a daily bag limit of 15 per person. For anyone under the age of 16 you can continue to fish for them as long as you'd like and there's a daily bag limit of 10 starting July 1. Get out there and get em' while the gettin is good and enjoy!!! Already ate some from sunday morning and they were delicious!!! :D
Thank you. I need to get to one of the harbors.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ya, the harbors are definately hot right now. you can go to any of the harbors in the line on lake shore drive. you got Burnham, Montrose and Diversey right along there all within 5 mins of each other. We fished Diversey Sunday morning and the parking was fine early in the am and we didn't even have to pay. The gates were open. You can see my post here: http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... c4245bd960 to see how we did and the method. There's pictures on that post. Bottom rigging with a 1/2 oz weight at the end of a 12" leader with a swivel and a 12" leader running off the other end of the swivel with a size 4 or 6 hook tipped with a fathead minnow. Henry's on 31st and canal (i believe that's the location) has minnows and opens up at 4:30am on the weekends. we bought em out here in the burbs and put them in a cooler in the trunk with a chunk of ice in the bucket and they stayed alive without a problem the 25min ride we had to get there. Also bring some other tackle, you'll want small minnow-looking jigs and silver/black crankbaits that take the jumbos fairly often. With the minnows you'll get lots of smaller ones mixed in with a few nice 9"+ fish. Good luck and good eatin!!! :D

edit: oh and you're welcome :D again good luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.