Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need to be near Garfield Park this weekend and thought I might try fishing at the lagoon. Has anyone fished there before and is it worth a few casts? Any advice and / or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Topwater said:
didn't someone post on there recently? said they were getting looks from some bangers or something. :shock: yeah, i'd rather fish a puddle than catch amuskie there!
I went to douglas park which is just a little south east of garfield. Either case, i wouldn't go again. Takes the fun out of fishing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't worry about them thugs out there, I'm sure they can care less about us fisherman. Go for it dude! Great bass fishing in all the Lagoons, I've even caught Perch in the Douglas Park Lagoon fishing for Crappie. Here is one of the bass I caught in one of the many fine Chicago Park District Lagoons. I caught it on a topwater bait "buzzbait" last July. I fish regularly at Mckinley Park, Lincoln Park Lagoon by the farm house, Douglas Park and Columbus Park, Garfield Park.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.