Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a good turn out with 11 guys showing. The weather was great for late September with a sunny day and temps near 80. The fish were not as cooperative today, as the bite was a little slow.

1. Culprit - 2 fish totaling 7lbs. 15oz. Largest fish was 4lbs. 9oz.
2. Augy - 2 fish totaling 6lbs. 4oz. Largest fish was 3lbs. 14oz.
3. Islandfisher - 1 fish weighing 2lbs. 7oz.
4. Clancy Wiggum - 1 fish weighing 2lbs. 6oz.
5. Yami Master - 1 fish weighing 2lbs. 3oz.
6. FishinMatt - 1 fish weighing 1lb. 3oz.
11. #1cubsfan - no qualifying fish.
11. Baefish - no qualifying fish.
11. Toothdoc - no qualifying fish.
11. Basscaster - no qualifying fish.
11. Twoglasseyes - no qualifying fish.

Congrats to Culprit for winning overall weight and biggest fish!

Here area few pics:

Culprit with his 2 winning fish

Culprit with his 4lbs. 9 oz. fish

Augy with his 3lbs. 14oz. fish

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Holy cow! Those are some nice fish boys!

Way to get on some great fish on a tough day. What were the lengths of Aris' and Augy's fish?

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Wow, what a tough bite today. If 12''ers counted, I think Yami and I would of limited out, but unfortunately we had a hard time breaking the size limit. Kudos to Aris and Augy for getting 4 HAWGS. Also, big thanks to Coyote for lending us his outboard and trolly. They got us around the lake perfectly.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was indeed very calm at times, but there was a small wind out of the north for much of the day. I think that if we had a little more wind the bite would have been better. I tried a variety of topwaters, cranks, spinnerbaits and plastics without any success. :?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys that haven't been out to one of these tournaments really need to join us the next time. We are probably going to have just one more tournament at Deep Lake this year, and it will most likely be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Saturday in October. Deep Lake is a real gem and it is probably some of the best bass fishing in this area. :wink:

·
Registered
339 Posts
toothdoc said:
You guys that haven't been out to one of these tournaments really need to join us the next time. We are probably going to have just one more tournament at Deep Lake this year, and it will most likely be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Saturday in October. Deep Lake is a real gem and it is probably some of the best bass fishing in this area. :wink:
Yeah, Basserbilly and I wanna do one. I just gotta find my damn battery charger, and then find out if the battery still holds a charge. If not I'm going to talk him into going in on a new trolling motor for the '08 tournament trail.

Nice fish guys. Those "deep" bass have some of the prettiest coloring.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thx everyone for coming out :D
Good meeting u Ben and buying u a beer along with everyone else :)
Doc and I caught 7 fish total of which only the 2 were keepers
They were caught fishing the slop with our secret topwater weapon lol

Thx Doc for letting me catch those fish :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey guys been busy since the last I say you. Culprit thanks for buying me a beer with my money :lol: all joking aside I had a great time it was a tough bite but just glad to get some action. It was nice to get out and meet you guys. I am going to try and make the next one but the wife is expecting in about four week and I am trying to cut back to make time for that. Next year I plan on making it out a lot more but who knows what will happen until then. If I don't make it out in Oct, Good Luck to all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yami Master said:
Hey guys been busy since the last I say you. Culprit thanks for buying me a beer with my money :lol: all joking aside I had a great time it was a tough bite but just glad to get some action. It was nice to get out and meet you guys. I am going to try and make the next one but the wife is expecting in about four week and I am trying to cut back to make time for that. Next year I plan on making it out a lot more but who knows what will happen until then. If I don't make it out in Oct, Good Luck to all.
Was the cute bartender w/ the thong there? 8)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.