Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A last minute change in plans with the ex... in regards to the kids found me with a little time on my hands this evening...so as much as I love spending time with my daughters...I just had to make the most of it...

...within the first 10 minutes.8)

Find faster water...leave the dinks in the slack water alone.

Facing downstream and casting across current (to about 11 o' clock)

Do not reel any more than enough to pick up whatever slack may be in your line...just let the current move your lure directly downstream from you.

Focus on the subtle vibrations of your crank and anticipate the "tic"...sometimes a "thump"..and sometimes just a pause in the vibrations cadence.

If you feel it...set the hook.

Don't snap..don't twitch or jerk or impart any action or movement to the bait whatsoever as it inches across the current.

After 5 to 10 casts through an area... either switch lures or move on to another spot.

This pattern should hold for the next couple of days....so aren't you lucky it's the weekend?=)

Good Luck and...

GoodFishin'

Darth

All 4 of these came on a Mann's 1 minus in "Bronzeback crystalglow" there would have been 5 but one came unbuttoned at my feet...guess you can't win em all
:lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
God Damn, your a Machine!!! Do you ever sleep!!!??? :shock: LOL, I know how that goes! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great fish as always bud!! Would love to get some smallie action but am not a wader. Any thoughts or tips for a shore guy this time of year? Just west of Aurora so anywhere from St. Chas to Yorkville?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha! Thanks guys=)

umpguy64 Yes! go to St. Charles and work the shoreline on the West side moving North...look for areas that squeeze the river down and force it to move faster...look for riffled areas...and if you know where the drop offs are aim your lure right at the top of the drop.

Then move to the East side and move down doing the same thing.

Please bring a camera if you have one and post your results!

Good Luck man!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha! I am sooooo ready for icin'!!

The question is..."Is WCF ready for some IceReports"?=)

Good to see you too Waterguy! and Hoffman!

Really appreciate the replies gentlemen! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It was a pleasure getting out with you guys. Darth, that was an interesting and productive pattern you figured out. What are the key factors to putting it into play? Also, is this the first year you have used it?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hoffman said:
It was a pleasure getting out with you guys. Darth, that was an interesting and productive pattern you figured out. What are the key factors to putting it into play? Also, is this the first year you have used it?
Actually I put a post up called "A Girl and Her Fish" on another site last year when I stumbled upon that retrieve....lot of people said it's their fav "Darth" post=)

The presentation seems to be effective when the water is rising or at least a little higher than average...but that's not a hard fast rule because sometimes it just works for no apparent reason.
I've incorporated it into my circuit of presentations accordingly when I'm looking for a pattern.

Works REALLY well in Spring with spinnerbaits too=)

Let's get back out there man! :D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Looks like that pattern kinda fizzled out, huh? :(

Hey Darth...that spot we were talkin bout that hasn't produced much this year...Lost a real nice 18+ smallie there on my wade downstream after you took off. Might be worth a look soon!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fopoil said:
WOW Darth you are quite the writer, i almost shed a tear, seriously.
I see your a bass player, i know a little off topic who are your musical influences?
Wow!! I can't believe you found that post! That is resourcefulness at it's finest... :wink: ...and thanks=)

"Musical" influences range from Tool to Justin Timberlake to Dave Matthews Band (with the exception of his last few cd's :? ) NIN, SoundGarden... Really there are far too many to list.

Individual bass players I like Charles Mingus, James Jamerson, Jaco Pastorius and Victor Wooten...but my new absolute favorite is Norm Stockton.

This guy just blows me away...check him out...
Norm Stockton

·
Registered
400 Posts
The last time I was on the Fox my fish finder (Darth) was on the fritz. :p I'll be there today and hopefully I will have more luck.

:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.