Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to Rock creek this afternoon at about 3:00pm. i threw 10 diffrent plastics & crank bait. nada... I saw some SMB swimming by but they wouldnt commit. I stayed untill 4:30 then moved to K3 Warner bridge area. I saw many fish boiling everywhere. but again, they didnt want to do anything with my bait. they were eating bugs on top of the water. I know what those bugs look like but I dont know the name of it. I guess fly fishing might of been good today. so 10min after 6pm, I went home feeling quite discouraged. it was 2nd time in a roll that I got skunked at K3. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used various colors & size of grubs w/jig, Yum crawbug, dinger, 5" Berkeley worm, spinner baits, live wax worm(at the creek), 2" Berkely plastic minnow, VC&S of crank baits, rapala topwater skitter walk...
These are the ones that I can think of...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Jay
Rock creek gets pounded, but the skilled still catch a bunch.
Take time to really look and learn the structure.

As you walk out to the main river from Rock creek,
go to your right about 75 feet.

Cast out into the main river, there is a huge bottom eddy
prolly caused by a bedrock shelf.

Let a bait rig, or jig slowy bounce over that shelf.
I was there one time at really low water and saw the bulge as water moved over the ledge.

With higher water, its almost unnoticable.
Its an easy spot many walk past or never bother to fish.

Hooked many smallies there..
Personally I hit the main river 10x more than rock creek..

Keep casting, you'll hook some soon.

:D

553 Posts
Don't worry about it. Today I fished Lake Belleau for three hours and I just got bit once, but I didn't set the hook. I tried fishing everything today from grubs to crankbaits and I got the big skunk. I was kind of pissed off and I'm not going back there for a long time, all I got was a bad sunburn on my forearms. :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.