Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was lookin on google earth and i found a lake off of the des plains river it looks like they got a boat launch and evrything but i dont know about fishing i bet it would be great in pike spawn looks swampy anyone know anything about this lake

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk man this how i found it i started at the 355 bridge that goes over the river in lemont illinois then i went left from there and i saw a lake called rock lake and theres a small parking lot

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It looks like a strip mine or maybe a gravel/concrete operation in the first link. I wouldnt be surprised if the water level fluctuated between what it looks like in the map, and nothing at all.

The second looks like its on the "back 40" of a school bus company. Judging by the patterns around it, I would guess it is very shallow and also used as a retention pond that goes back and forth between empty and full with the weather.

Good luck if you check them out!

918 Posts
the links posted are of ttwo different lakes,yet both are named rocklake..in the same area none the less.so question to dpr....which one are you talking about? my sis stays 5 minutes from there...maybe I'll check it out also.I,m guessing it's the second link,right?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Whats the catch..Ron'chi? said:
the links posted are of ttwo different lakes,yet both are named rocklake..in the same area none the less.so question to dpr....which one are you talking about? my sis stays 5 minutes from there...maybe I'll check it out also.I,m guessing it's the second link,right?
Yeah, the first Rock Lake was the closest one I saw. The next was more close to what he described.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.