Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
No it is not a cover up Svslider. There was a big train derailment friday evening about 8:30, on Mullford road on the outskirts of Rockford. 18 tank cars hauling ethanol derailed and exploded killing one and seriously injuring two others. The derailment is still under investigation The early thinking is with the heavy rain late friday morning and early friday afternoon, the ballast rock washed out under the tracks, causing the derailment. Rockford recorded just under 4 inches of rain last friday. The ethanol leaked into the Kishwaukee river and eventually made its way into the Rockriver. the Kish empties into the rock in Belvidere for those who don't no. I've heard from a few guys there was quite a few trophy flatheads washed up also :( :(

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I wonder if that fish kill did a number on the walleye or smallies in there. I know there are walleyes in there but I recall hearing or reading that smallies are in the Rock as well. Hmmmm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.