Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows anything about the Rock River? Particularly by Oregon, Il.
My brother lives there in oregon next to the river. I never fished it, but it looks beautiful. Im going there for the weekend for a pig roast at the end of the month. And Id like to hear some advice. Im taking my boat with a buddy. I hear its got good catfish, some decent walleye n smallmouth, and i know there was like a 46 in pike caught this spring. If any one knows some good tactics for late september Ill be happy to try em. Preferable for walleye n smallies. Or catfish if ya know anyhting. anything about lures, tactics, and locations would be cool. from othr reports on lake link and other websites it seems like a pretty cool and adverse body of water with alot of fishing options.
All advice is welcome
:) thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh i believe ya. but majority of the river is only 4 or 5 feet deep, often even less. Im sure theres good fish to be caught, we fished for two days, only caught two channel cats, and a lil SM bass. the first day i was out without my depth finder, i discovered the next day that most of the areas we were fishing were only 4 feet deep. I found some deep holes but id prefer a river that runs a deeper average depth. it was a pretty river though. i saw a post with a 46 inch northern outta there this spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.