Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I always wanted to build my own rod, is there any rod building classes closer than MN ?

Those r some nice looking rods !

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I took a rod into Corens this Spring to have a guide replaced. Not the tip, but one of the guides. He told me that he outsources the wrapping to another guy after he puts the guide on and then he does the touch up painting. So as far as a rod building class goes, I don't know if he would do it or not. :?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have a couple rods that need new guides, but been to stingy to pay to have it done. Would be nice to learn how to wrap on new ones, as well as build rods from scratch.

I looked around a bit, and didn't find many rod builders in IL. Not to say there aren't more than what I found, just weren't but a few.

Maybe I smell a new business to be born... 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lip_Yanker you are only 14 miles to the south just go north on Anne Glidden and you will be in spitting distance to my house.

Bring the rods and fix them your self.

We leave at 6am hey thats only 13 hrs from now

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If only I could. Have fun up there!

I actually have some info on order for rod building and suppliers. I figured I might as well give it a whirl since I have a lot of tiime on my hands these days.

Post up on how it went when you return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.