Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I came up with a few ideas to carry 4 or 5 ros with me while wading, but it did not work to well. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can carry at the least 4 rods with my while wadeing, I tried a strap arounf my back with PVC pipes to it. But was un satisfied with it. Does anyone know a compant that makes such a thing? Or any ideas on how to do have it done? I am usually pretty good on customizing things and such, But I was not satisfied on my last attemp. Does anyone have any input or suggestion or blue-prints on how this can be done?

I appreciate any info given. Thanks Guys and Gals

Dave

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thanks Gays and Gals
Even though I don't fall into either category, I will try to answer this one anyway. :p

Skateboard/snowboard backpacks. They have a spot on the outside of the pack that is designed to hold a skateboard securely in place, usually via two straps. Great for straping in a few rods by the grips/reel. Probably wouldn't work too well walking in the woods/brush, but out on a river it might be just right. And the great part is its already a backpack! So you can stick all your other gear in there too.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Thanks Gays and Gals
Even though I don't fall into either category, I will try to answer this one anyway. :p

Skateboard/snowboard backpacks. They have a spot on the outside of the pack that is designed to hold a skateboard securely in place, usually via two straps. Great for straping in a few rods by the grips/reel. Probably wouldn't work too well walking in the woods/brush, but out on a river it might be just right. And the great part is its already a backpack! So you can stick all your other gear in there too.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry, I was typing fast and was making fun of a buddy on the phone at the time. Haha I meant "Guys and Gals"

LMAO.. That made me laugh my ass of now!

Trust me, I do not swing that way and never will, I am actually Homophobic! :shock:

LOL That was emberassing...

This may prove it... :p

I need to re-read what I type...

I always joke with ym buddies and call them gay, I think I use that word too much... If they get skunked fishing I tell them its because they are gay and your so ugly even the male bass dont want ya! haha just fun and games I guess! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will check out some back packs and go from there. But if any other info anyone has. I would love to hear it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whats the catch..Ron'chi? said:
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0036759018468a.shtml
I am going to check that out at cabelas tonight after wading for some bass again. Thanks dude! :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
This what i made a long time ago, when i would wade the fox river ,got a large truck inner tube mounted a flat peice of wood on it, had my beer,bait and tackle on it and a anchor for it,I would anchor it fish around it then pull it upstream ,fish anchor,etc

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Does her last name start with a K? I wish I had better reason and trust me I tried in my younger years but she was one of the few that got away and we were just friends. Haven't seen her in a couple years. She's a cool chick.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I actually bought an item called "3rd grip Pole Holster" which I bought at Strictly Fishing for like 20 bucks. It allows for an additional rod to be holstered on your side or back or where ever you want to wear it at your waist. I used it a few times but now it sits up on a shelf at home. Usually when I wade I've found that I will just bring the one rod and enough gear to switch in and out on that rod. Medium 6'6" Compre works for me!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I too have a rod holster, thought it was the cats meow when I first used it now it collect dust. IMO using a snap is a lot easy then carrying additional rods. My goal has been to carry less and less while wading. This will change a little with the yak I'm sure. A yak is a easy way to carry 4-5 rods with ya.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
I came up with a few ideas to carry 4 or 5 ros with me while wading,
I've done a fair amount of wading and for the life of me I have no idea why anyone would need that many rods while out on river. One good rod catches everything in the river. Maybe carry along a fly rod.

A guy named Pete Reidesel out of Morris had a product called River Quiver. On this page of pictures look for the guy holding the walleye.

http://wadauwant.com/fishing_and_outdoo ... 0pg13.html

He's got an extra rod across his back, that's the River Quiver. We were taking pictures of it that day that he could then use to advertise it. He used to advertise it in Outdoor Notebook, but I don't recall seeing it lately. The thing worked beautifully.

I've lost touch with Pete, but he's a good friend of the Sun Times' Dale Bowman.

Email Dale and ask to contact Pete. I'm sure he'll have no problem doing that.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.