Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the report Fishguy!

I love that little pond...I did not know there were crappies in there...all I have ever caught are largemouths mostly of the size of the one you caught...but it is a fun pond...I always do well in that same corner of the pond....there a little drainage pipe that the bass stay close to all season long!!

I read your blog...and I agree about that sports authroity...they even have a so called outdoors section...in which all they sell is backpacks and like one tent...
They should change the name to a big store of clothes to run in! Haha

Just my 2 cents.

Nice bass, thanks for the Barker report.

Jaypee the hhf

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaypee,

You'd be surprised the species of fish in that pond. I just noticed they've added two aerator/filtering fountains in the middle of the lake. That will probably help out with the dense weeds in the summertime, and might make the water a bit better for fishing. At least I would think so...

But yeah, back to the fish, there's crappie, bluegill, decent 2-3lb largemouth, bullhead catfish, carp, and I even saw a guy post a report on catching a nice looking northern from there. I've had the most success with largemouth on plastic worms and crappie on mini-mites/curly tails, all caught and released.

Good luck out there!

- Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.