Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Dave and I headed over to the root to try our luck. We started out at Quarry Park and discovered that the water level was really low. Saw some fish still trying to make there way up river but not to many. I fouled hook a couple nice fish witch I think is a Coho or could be a King/Chinkhook but it had great colors and had to take a picture. I took a pic on one of them and both were released. We then headed over to the weir. Alot of big browns and a few steelheads where in the tank which was cool to see. We fished above the weir and below with only 1 Brown caught witch my buddy landed. I had one nice steelhead on but got off when it jumped. The Brown was caught on a Egg Sucking Leech in Black w/ pink head fly and the Steelhead bit a Bear's Crystal Egg Peach fly.

Here a pic of the Coho witch was released.

My buddy's Brown

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know what kind of trout or salmon it is. I am guessing it is a Chinhook but some else is telling me its a Coho?? Anyways it had some kickass colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.