Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday's Coho session on the Chicago lakefront was next to disastrous with monster rollers and then a downpour that left me drenched. As I mentioned in an earlier post, powerlining was scratched for today.

And... I slept in on Sunday, which was fantastic.

But, could I manage a weekend with such limited fishing? Of course not!

Rootpro gave me a call this morning and kindly invited me out to join him on the Root River, to which I gladly accepted.

Upon arriving, Rootpro hooked into a spawned out, hen. Finally! A fish! I had taken a couple scouting trips in late Feb / early March without a fish successfully landed. Rootpro had given me hope!

Soon after Rootpro got his, I hooked into a pretty brown hen that gave me a good battle after shooting down stream. What a great fight and what a beautiful fish...

About ten minutes later, I hooked into another fish. Another awesome battle followed. This Steelie went airborne a couple of times and had my drag screaming.

Shot 1 -

And this was a pretty cool shot as well

Rootpro then hooked into a huge steelie that took a shot up river and went airborne and spit the hook on him :x

So in all, not a bad day. Seemed like the action picked up when the sun poked out of the clouds. If the rains aren't too bad this week and the Root has a decent flow, I might give it another shot; otherwise, I'll be back on the lake front powerlining.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice fish. You are the best fisherman on Windycityfishing.com

Let me know if I worded that correctly for you... :p

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Nice Steelies and Brown Mike and Keith.

Looks like I might have to drop the bassn for a weekend and head out when I get some time.

Beautiful pictures!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Man Thats a Nice deep pool right there. Great job again, How did the wier look? Did you guys fish quarry park down from the first small dam?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.