Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent 4 or 5 hours today fishing the root. There were 80 billion people just below the wier.

I fished no where near them, went 0/3... sigh. Had an awesome time, would have loved to have landed at least one, but I learned a lot today. Caught a couple of suckers. Did some good scouting, I know some really sweet spots now. Saw one guy catch 3, and everyone else I saw had 1 or so on the stringer or said they had released it. Water got REALLY cloudy at around noon, and there were new little muddy tributaries running out of the woods. Not sure what that's all about.

Wier is loaded with fish, 670 or something have been processed.

No photos here today because I don't feel like uploading scenery shots and suckers. Like I said, had a great time and learned a lot. Even got to see a steelhead take one of my hand tied flies. Pretty proud when I hooked that one.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ahhhh

shoulda posted pics of suckers! people would be surprised at how big those things get!

i saw the plant's report - 780 fish yesterday with 389 spawned! well, there's some more fish upstream!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Cam said:
Yea 780 total, only around 100 of those were processed yesterday. Yes sir that does mean there are fish up stream.
Yea I was it on their wedsite... thats the best when they are upstream...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
rootpro6 said:
And shit it looks like everyone is loving the root river all of sudden. Haha.
That river has been a Zoo since 1970 Keith.. haha come on man! :lol:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it was awesome to get out, I had a blast, I got to see steelhead building and defending their redds. A woodpecker landed above me and was knocking woodchips on top of me while I fished, and I got to find some new runs, undercuts and a couple of holes. I know exactly where I'm going next time I get there early, so thats great.

I can't complain at all. Although... I realllllly would have like to have landed one. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Good job out there cam at least you got out! Looks like the root is really starting to heat up, im going to try to get up there today, hopefully leaving about noon. Hopefully it wont be to much of a zoo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.