Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I will be hitting the Root with a Buddy this coming Monday. If anyone wants to join and chase some steelhead. Just let me know by saturday night. We usually make sandwiches and bring chilli or soup in a theromose so we don't have to leave the river to grab lunch. I know a couple guys were curiouse on how it is done on the Root. Well now is the chance to finally get out there since the water levels should be perfect by Sunday and Monday. We will be leaving by 5:30am Monday to get to the river and wait 30 minutes before the sun rises to hook into some steelies. The prime time is early morning on this river. My reason for choosing Monday is we don't want to deal with a crowd on Sunday ;) The Fish are in and im ready to go. Anyone is welcome to join :D

Dave

PS: You will need waders as shore fishing is tough there. I have 1 extra pair in a boot size of 11. Just you can not go past the waist. They have a small leak :lol: Dont worry, my orvis waders have a leak too :( It's time for another new pair...

Also we will be starting around quarry park and working are way down to the wier matter on how the river looks. There are many deep holes in that stretch that hold some nice chrome steelies 8)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with one of my uncles steelhead buddies. He hasn't gone since the winter in the storm that we fished and is takeing the day off of work.

Nice new Avatar... LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.