Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Spoons?? in the Root? If they were in the River itself around Quarry Park, I think Bossman spotted them :?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wrench, you can use spoons in the Root. They can be tricky but they can produce a lot of fish. I have always used blue/silver, green/siler, and glow in the darks (cleos or krocs).

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
Wrench, you can use spoons in the Root. They can be tricky but they can produce a lot of fish. I have always used blue/silver, green/siler, and glow in the darks (cleos or krocs).
Karen, Oh I know. Most of the time when you hook up, the fish is usually snagged with a spoon. I have never seen one fair hooked on a spoon in the river itself up by quarry park or the weir. But I have seen steelhead come out on little Mepps #3's and etc. Or little rooster tails in the spring. It's almost like using a treble hook with a piece of yarn and calling it a fly :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree. Like my friend Jason said, "treble hooks are like velcro, they stick to everything." You can get a fair hook but you may foul three in the process. It is really not worth the trouble at times but I've done it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You are asking a lot from my memory bank. We used to go under the road but for the life of me I can not remember where. We used to park right on the side of the road and walk don the bank of the river. There was a very open area and we used to catch a ton of fish. I will have to call my brother later and see if he remembers. I have not fished the root in probably 10 years or so. I usually can not even remember what I had for breakfast. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.