Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent PMs to the mods here.

Just thought I'd make it public -

We're both sorry for our passionate opinions on the thread that was locked.

Let's move on, catch fish, and continue reporting.

Peas,
Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
You should be sorry, because what she heard was 100% correct and you were blasting her for it. I was ALSO on a fishing charter Saturday, with 5 others and the captain, and we all heard the exact same thing over the radio after the distress call. Passionate responses? More like stupid. Were you there?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed1979 said:
You should be sorry, because what she heard was 100% correct and you were blasting her for it. I was ALSO on a fishing charter Saturday, with 5 others and the captain, and we all heard the exact same thing over the radio after the distress call. Passionate responses? More like stupid. Were you there?
Dude I apologized. Now go crawl back to wherever you came from you troll. Say hi to Pezdek for me.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
To leave or to delete... that is the question.

For now I leave this topic up.

2 reasons...

1. The original post was completely legitimate and several responses were in very poor taste and not at all in line with what this site condones.

2. Messages were sent to me personally and an apology was extended.

Ed, i'm actually ok with your response. Though perhaps harsh, I feel it needed to be seen. Mike, you are a valued member of this site. You said what you needed to and no need to further fan the flames - especially with more fuel.

This topic rests for good now.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
One last note I want to mention...

Windycityfishing.com is here to help everyone become better anglers. Occasionally, disagreements and flare-ups are going to happen. When myself or the moderators lock a thread, it's only done after careful consideration. We all have opinions to express and I keep that in the highest regard.

Posts/threads are deleted or locked for the sanctity of what i'm trying to accomplish here. I always let people speak their mind here, but sometimes it is necessary to "manage" this site and keep things on track. No disrespect is ever intended.

That being said, just get out and go fishing. :mrgreen:, the thread is unlocked - can we keep the peace?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I also received a personal apology, and all is forgiven. I did start to think I was going crazy though when I was told I didn't hear what I thought I did. Thanks for confirming that I did in fact hear what was said out there.

No worries Mplant :wink:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah Mike, you play nice or you are landing your own fish on Saturday!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: - BPM

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
All is forgiven indeed.

Mplant (Mike) is an outstanding fisherman and his passion for the sport shows through on his posts.

This thread rests now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.