Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting here looking out the window and wondering when the next outting is going to be.I had a blast at round 2! Lets do WWD one more time before open water,(just my two pennys of thought) March. Maybe do no live bite this time.When ever it is FLYROD is in.Thanks

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
We might have to rethink the March tourney. With the cold weather we have been having this winter, I don't think we are going to have any open water fishing anywhere soon. Did you see my post about the WWD from yesterday? We are just going to have to see what happens there in the next week or so.

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
I imagine Deep unfreezes a tad slower then most bodies of water of that acreage. There might not be ice out until the 3rd week of March. It would be a very tough go if water temps are still in the 30's or low 40's for the tourney. I would still vote for the WWD. Plenty of people have stated that the fish kill is somewhat of a regular thing, and I think Doc would of seen far more dead fish there if it was a massive fish kill. I think once the water drops a little more and things settle down, those fish will be back and ready for one last WWD tourney. There still is some time to decide, so hopefully this weather unf*cks itself for Deep or someone can post a positive WWD report soon.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I agree with Matt about Deep. With the unusual weather that we have been having this winter, I think that it might be a stretch to fish there next month. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the weather and the return of the WWD playout. :?

·
Registered
392 Posts
WERE PROBABLY LOOKING AT LATE MARCH MAYBE EVEN TWO IN APRIL OR MAKE ROUND THREE UP THROUGH THE YEAR SOMETIME. NO NEED TO WORRY THE GROUP OF GUYS WE HAVE ON THIS SITE CAN MANAGE TO PULL THINGS TOGETHER. :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
ya Deep next month = Titanic Tournament...we don't want to hit any
icebergs and sink :lol: :lol: We will just have to monitor the WWD for now

How about the North Shore Discharge next month?????

(may slow down Tony and Augy...lol ...just kidding :wink: )

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Seeing as today is March 1st, I thought that I would bring this back to the top. It looks like the WWD is definitely out for quite a while. I would think that it is safe to say that ice -out is at least another few weeks away. :? I think that the North Shore Discharge would be too hard for this many people to fish. Does anyone have anymore ideas for a March outing that would accommodate the number of people that have shown up for the last two outings?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
1) Wait out the WWD
2) Wait for April and do 2 at the OCC?

OCC was the next site on the schedule as Aris and Augy and I talked about and untill we get to Deep we have to find "shore fishing" so the OCC was the next logical place to support the group........and it warms up the quickest and holds some nice fish.

...Just an Idea..I am game for any fishing at this point :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
let's set round 3 for the last week of march and see how everything pans out. and if we have to push it back and pull 2 in april, i'd rather do them at deep instread of occ but that's just my opinion.

i need some open water and i need it bad! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
This is the same month we had trouble figuring out where to fish last. also . :?

Deep sounds good to me,break out the jerkbaits and rat-l-traps :)

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Wow, today is a nice day out. The 15 day forecast is starting to shape up nice after this week as well. Where to go certainly is a tough call. There are some bass back at the WWD, but will the fish have recovered enough for another March outing? I like the idea of 2 at Deep which could be great if the weather cooperates.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.