Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's not wait around to double up in one month. Let's just pick a location and have round 3 this Saturday (March 31st).

With this warming trend the fishing should pick up by this weekend for an open water event.

What do you guys think? If you can make it this Saturday, post your in/out status and suggest a location.

If Jack has his boats available I wouldn't mind hittin Deep lake.

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
If you are fishing 2 in a boat, how do you score that. I am curious because the guy in the back is usually at somewhat of a disadvantage.Do you go as a team and split the points, are is it still individual?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all the tournaments will be on an individual basis for now. the seating arrangements will have to worked out by the partners. the guys with the motors will most likely captain the boats. they can position the boat so both can get in their fair share of quality casts.

we still have the option of splitting the points up as teams. let's hear what everyone else has to say about teams for boating events.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's forecasted to rain on Saturday, but I'm in if it is at Deep. I called Jack and Lidia's this weekend and to my surprise, they were already opened for the season! 7am right now (6am during the summer) she says.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Why dont we wait and have 1 late april and double up in may ?

lets just fish the trout opener and then worry about getting back on track ,lets take our time and dont rush in this :)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
lol Eric,good question!
I guess I said that cuz I cant fish this weekend lol
I have to spend time with the wife and kids since its the last days of their spring break.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Culprit said:
lol Eric,good question!
I guess I said that cuz I cant fish this weekend lol
I have to spend time with the wife and kids since its the last days of their spring break.
Haha... completely understandable, Aris. Maybe a few of us can still do some recon on Deep this saturday as "preparation" for a possible official outting later on in April? Any good rowers out there looking for a fishing buddy this Saturday morning? :lol: j/k... I have a decent trolling motor that I will likely bring.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
With the forcasted wind and possible rain, plus the time of year, Deep Lake could be a bitch to do this weekend.

Lake Arlington could be a safe and productive way to go. I know many of you haven't fished it before, but its been a good lake to me and would really be a good choice for some Saturday early-season bass fishing.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
27 degree dip today. That can turn fish off for a few days. But With spring and pre-spawn in a lot of waters already I'm not sure. Fish could still bite. But I'm out for this weekend. I will hit next weekend's if there is any. But this weekend I think we shouldn't have one because of the roller coaster weather we'll be having in the area. I personally and from my previous fishing expierance say You can catch them in this drop but I'm not sure, With water conditions etc. theres always chances of catching fish. I'm not worried about catching fish at all all the way up until Friday. Friday night will drop to 30 and Saturday May not be a quality producer. To keep a lot of guys showing up you must put them on fish in the tourney's.

I'll be out next weekend with you guys. but this weekend i wont.

George

:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.