Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just started to fish the DPR this year. I fished the canoe launch area one time. I did not catch anything. I am sure the DPR does contain some big Northern Pike but they will be almost imposible to catch they are really smart and are increadibly hard to find. THere are mainly snakes in there but them snakes need to be produced from something and that is where I think a big one is around. Not Near the Canoe launch I would not think. IF any area gets hit that is an area that would get hit becasue of the easy acess to the river.

·
Registered
345 Posts
ejeraser,

Fished it a couple of times, cause its only a mile from work. Did very good there last year. Biggest northern being about 28". Caught 1 bass this year to. Definatly lost more than I caught though. This year im ready, got the fireline on!

Lost a much bigger one this year when work decided to call me, and missed the darn hookset. Have not really caught much down there yet this year, have not had much of a chance to get down there.
Im sure it will pick up a bit, I remember from last year that the bite got real good about mid October.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tried it 1 time last year in November before a Bears game and didn't get a hit.
Needless to say the Bears lost.
0-2 that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.