Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey Vote,

The Salmon season is almost over. You can still catch them on lures but for me spawn has been treating me good on my last few outings. The steelhead and Coho are starting to move in to the harbors now. The browns are in fully force in Kenosha now where I'll be heading this Saturday.

I heard people are catching Kings in Burham on the Harbor side. I am going to check it out tonight.

· Registered
331 Posts
Legend075 said:
Hey Vote,

The Salmon season is almost over. You can still catch them on lures but for me spawn has been treating me good on my last few outings. The steelhead and Coho are starting to move in to the harbors now. The browns are in fully force in Kenosha now where I'll be heading this Saturday.

I heard people are catching Kings in Burham on the Harbor side. I am going to check it out tonight.
What do you guys use to catch steelies and browns?

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Browns - Spawn the size of a nickle, small crappie tubes tipped with wax /spike, alweifes / herring with its head chopped off on a float learned it from a old timer in Kenosha and it works.

Steelhead - shrimp (cooked) teh cocktail size and spawn has worked for me but havent caught one on lures yet.

All on a fixed float

· Registered
331 Posts
Legend075 said:
Browns - Spawn the size of a nickle, small crappie tubes tipped with wax /spike, alweifes / herring with its head chopped off on a float learned it from a old timer in Kenosha and it works.

Steelhead - shrimp (cooked) teh cocktail size and spawn has worked for me but havent caught one on lures yet.

All on a fixed float
The medium sized cocktail shrimp? The ones as big as a silver dollar? Thanks btw, I will try those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.