Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a very stupid question. This was the first year i even realized that it was possible to catch salmon from shore. IS THERE A SALMON RUN IN THE SPRING. Picked up some salmon lures today from Henry's. Ice at Burnham according to henry's is 10 inches. Salmon and brown trout are doing good at the bottom with spawn sacks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
you can catch plenty of spring cohos from shore in the spring. shore fishing is the only way I fish the lake. there is a summer run of steelhead around mich. city(skamaina) if you dont mind the drive. ther are also plenty of kings in all the harbors in the fall. to sum it up, you dont need a boat to catch big fish in lake michigan.
Joe

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The Skamania run is also here in IL, IN, WI... The only problem is the run lasts only 1-2 weeks if that, sometimes it comes in heavily for a few days and thats it. But the problem is knowing when they come in for the summer. By the time you hear they are in, It can be too late. Your best bet is to make the drive to the locations and check it out yourself. Cause most of people "Im not gonna Lie" Including MYSELF.... Will not post any reports or results until the Skamania Run is over. But I fish the streams and rivers for them. Just to give you a rough date down here for the run, it can be anywhere bwtween june 15th usually and July 15th. Anytime in the span. Just do some homework and make the trips and you will soon learn the basics of the Skamania Run... Good Luck to ya

Dave

PS: I had to edit and add this in. There is a spring run of Steelhead, Not salmon but are much more beautiful and a cherrish to land and release. Some of the harbors have steelies n brown in them right now. The Rivers are locked up and will not be fishable until... Who knows when :roll: But the Salmon will not be until the Fall again, but the Steelies will be around until late spring, maybe earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.