Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a report, but some info.

There will be a clean-up on the creek this Saturday at 9am. Meet at the woods at the intersection of LaGrange Rd. and 31st street in LaGrange Park.

A few dozen volunteers (myself included) will attend as various projects are needed to be done - Log Jam removals on creek, debris and crap pick-ups along the shores, and so-forth.

I'm looking for guys who'd be interested in dismantling log jams with myself, a buddy, and members from the Water Reclamation District of Chicago. Tools, equipment, and canoes will be provided for this. Just bring a set of waders.

Free BBQ lunch will provided afterwards. In addition, if water levels are adequate, we can do some small, skinny-water fishing afterwards over in my neck of the woods.

For more info as well as whom to contact, click the link. http://www.fishing-headquarters.com/fishcast/?p=221

Should be a good time for some conservationist early-morning manual labor. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
good to See you particiapting. I was in Something similar on Chicago river day last week Teamed with north park university We Cleaned the hell out of the area... :D

stay hydrated...

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those interested, here is how today's event went (photos in there) :: http://www.fishing-headquarters.com/fishcast/?p=224

About 40 showed up. We worked on a 2-mile stretch of water. My friend and I worked on a 1/2 mile piece of water a few blocks away from my house and we took out a garbage can 1 tire, and 4 full bags of trash, which wasn't much at all..... There wasn't as much crap to clean up as expected, which was something many of us noticed..... Maybe people (non-outdoorsmen) are aware that this is a productive stream of outdoor activities.

We didn't do anything with the log jams as they will be blown out within next few weeks.

In addition I took a spill in the river as I was walking in 3ft of water and out of nowhere I was floating and not trying to drown in my waders in 8ft of water. Thankfully I was 15ft away from shore and was somehow able to stay afloat without water getting into the waders thus making me sink.

But I guess if I was going to drown, it would have happened a a place I enjoyed hanging out at.

The only victim was a cell phone as it probably fried. The rest and more important stuff is in link. The end.

Seebass, I'm waiting for another smart-ass remark. Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
[/quote]Seebass, I'm waiting for another smart-ass remark. Thanks.[/quote]

Good job on living to see another day. :lol: :? :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Nice to see the creek is cleaner than you thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.