Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sand Lake from 11:00 until 4:30 this afternoon... Tough hike onto the lake with all the snow but didn't do too bad... Had a friend of mine join me from work and we ended up with 2 northern and 2 bass... Ironic that I ended up with the 2 bass...

Pike were 23 and 27 inches and the bass were 16 and 17... The 17 was caught on that new spoon and trailer hook rig with a crappie minnow... The other fish were caught on a tip up with large roaches... All three out of the same hole in 8 feet of water within and 90 minutes... No panfish to speak of whatsoever... Fished the west side of the lake from 3-17 feet of water jigging all day and only got that bass in 7 feet...

Photos of the bigger pike and smaller more colorful bass are attached... Really liked the color on the smaller bass and it's why I chose to post that one... Ice was 7 inches all over and so was the depth of the snow... Made it a pain walking around but at least the pizza and drinks at Wolff's afterwards really hit the spot... - BPM

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Great Job! I would have chose the Smaller fish because of the color to, Great color And A Beautiful Bass! If that was the smaller one I'd love to see the other That is a dandy of an IceBass :D :D Beautiful pike to and great pics Loved the report Keep them coming. :mrgreen:

George

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Nice job guys some great looking fish! Hey B you still umping at the Elk Grove softball league? We decided to switch to the Hofffman League I think. Its at the Oylmpic field off of Schaumburg Rd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.