Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my boat up from the shop today and went and fished Marie for a few hours. air temp 32,water temp 38 to 40,wind south 10 to 15 mph, slight over cast,water stained. Marked fish in 20 fow suspended at 13 to 16 feet. caught 1-11"walleye hook & split shot and minnow drifting,1-16"cat jig and minnow on bottom,that was it but I only fished about 2 hours. It was pretty cold out on the open water with the wind. It still beats being home and raking leaves (oh thats right I have to do that tomorrow)

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
A buddy and I were going to get on Pistakee Saturday afternoon. We turned around as soon as we saw the white caps. I give you alot of credit on getting out on that water. :shock:

JB

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to check the boat out more than anything, but you cant hit the water without fishing. I had to have the brain box on my motor replaced and wanted to know it ran right,its running better than ever. This is the time of year I start to hit the Desplaines in the 3 rivers area (Channahon) Theres some great Bass fishing to be had out there this time of year. I have gone out there on New Years day the past 6 years and plan to do it again this year. Its cold but if you dress for it and with the excitement of catching Bass on water thats not pressured you stay warm enough. I'm hoping to get out 1 of the days of this weekend if the wife will let me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.