Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, before going to bed, around 12:00, I told my wife that I was really excited about the opportunity to hit Lake Glenview early the next morning. I woke up at 3:50 a.m., though the alarm was set for 4:20. I arrived at the south parking lot at 5, and rigged up my worm/soft plastic rod, and my spinning gear with the custom Pop-r that Culprit gave me a couple of years ago. I tossed both of these, a few times each, in the south pool, just to get a feel for the water clarity and maybe a bite. Then I headed over to the long pier. Here's the breakdown:

* 5:35, after several hits, he finally takes the bait. 18", 2.56 lbs on the wacky rigged (3/0 Gamakatsu, Finesse, WG weedless) Black/Blue Flk Yum Dinger at the long pier
* 6:05, after several hits, he finally takes the bait. 15", 1.56 lbs, same rigging but with a Watermelon/Red Flk Yum Dinger at the long pier
* 7:30 13", 1.25 lbs, same rigging with the Watermelon/Red Flk Yum Dinger in the north pool
* 8:35 14", 1.5 lbs, same rigging, with a Green Pumkin Yum Dinger back at the long pier
*9:30 12", 1.2 lbs, same rigging, with a Green Pumkin Yum Dinger at the long pier

I hooked and fought three others, but lost them. Because of my old phone, unless someone else is nearby and takes a photo with their iPhone, I use a disposible camera for my pictures. I may have them put on a disc, and then download them to my computer for posting.

It was a great day to be out at The Glen

crankybass

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.