Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I went there all winter becasue of the WWD so I'm trying to avoid it during the summer. However I've read reports of walleye being caught in the creek area on orange jigs with white tails.

Good luck out there!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Prince I have to agree with Islandfisher. Most of us fished the WWD so much during the winter months that we have been fishing other locations now that the weather has warmed up. There definitely have been some walleyes caught below the dam though.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I walked over by the WWD Monday evening and the water was very low and extremely clear.

If you do go there that early on Saturday, I would strongly suggest walking over by the main dam and trying for some walleye or northern.

Good luck to you dude!

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I had a friend who was doing well for the eyes in Salt Creek, but he said the bite is over. The water has gotten too low and too much algae. Not saying you won't catch them, but I would agree that the main pool is your best bet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.