Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well jus got back the DNR basicaly kcked me out!! LOL

Well I got skunked again..Dis sux I was using a variety of baits, Nightcrawlers,Livers,Goldfish,Hotdog. I think Im using the wrong bait..LOL or wrong spots I fished the deepest part of schiller and and I even got my shoes muddy for stepping on some rock in the cumberland side. Pike-0-Prince suggested stink bait bt havent had a chance to buy some. Also I saw sum bucketheads takng all he blueill they caught!! which was like 20 all togethere, I know blue gill but still let them live..!! But yeah any tips..Im yet to cathch a Catfish at Schiller Pond!!!

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Don't sweat it, lil-dude. That's why they call it fishing and not catching. For every outing like you had today, i'm sure you'll have reports with plenty of fish to show off.

Keep at 'em!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot bro!! Means alot..and cheers me up..LOL. But its cuz I hate getting skunked.especially at Schiller I see people take big catfish!! and it pisses me off!! lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well if the commercial fisherman with the seven rods didnt fish them out. Go and get you some shrimp. Cut the shrimp in half and string it through the hook as if its a worm . Fish the bottom with a slip sinker on the Cumberland side . Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The commercial fishermen..lol.

Will do..shrimp sounds good. Gonna get half a pund or sumthing this coming week. Got lots of ideas in here thanks!! I wanna get me one of those little chairs.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i see alot of people using cut bluegill,dont know it is legal so i dont try to use it,but if it is then use it,i use cut bluegill for lats on the fox alll the time,for schiller i usually use beef or chicken liver,works pretty well for me,good luck bro :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well bro..schiller pond is as close as I can get to catfish. I still havent caught one..:|. Not much of a bass man..lol. I mean the des plaines river runs like a mile more up. But I dont think theres fishies there..lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.