Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. I used nightcrawlers caught 1 channel cat around 13 inches, a variety of bluegill, a 3 inch bass loll and a tiny crappie. A guy claims from his own words "He saw someone dumping a northern in there" Which i think is the craziest thing i ever heard, it wouldn't be able to survive right? Do they stock this pond regularly or is it just overfished by bucketheads?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I don't think they'd put Northern's in there. I'd have to see one caught to believe it. I know they do stock but I'm not sure how often and what they put in it. But I'm pretty sure it's WAY over fished by bucketheads.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Afalconsvick said:
Did he say how many? It seems possible since the river is a few minutes way. I'm not sure if it could live in there, but I don't think it would live long.
LOL, I know what ya mean, that ponds is polluted. But the DPR is nasty and so are some other ponds that have pike that have survived. That would be cool to catch one later on down the road.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
rootpro6 said:
the pond is stocked twice a year with channels, bass and crappie. It isn't that bad of a pond dave. It actually is improving slowly.
I haven't been there for a couple years... But yea, I hope it's finally improving. BTW Keith, check your Facebook. I finally got suckered into getting one. If I can only figure out how to opperate the god damn site... :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.