Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be going down to Seneca the first weekend in June and was wondering if anyone knows were to go fishing down there. I am going camping down there and wanna check out whats down there. I know lasalle and heidicke lake are there and the illinois river but have never fished any of them and want to know which would be best I guess:)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
By what I know, Heidecki will be your best bet, temps will be good to go. Lasalle will be way too warm by then and will make fishing tough. I don't fish the IL, so I do not know too much about it. Hope this helps a bit. I am sure other WCF members would suggest the same besides maybe some ponds or such. Google-Earth is a great feature for fishing. ;) Just make sure it's not private...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I explored that area just yesterday. If you are boating there is a launch right by the main bridge going over the Illinois river. But yeah...I agree during that time of the year the fishing could be pretty tough. It doesn't seem to get as much traffic as the starved rock area. There was only one other boater out there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
From the launch just above the Rt 170 Seneca bridge go downstream about 4 mile.
You're still a few miles above the Marseilles Dam.

On the left is a channel buoy just outside of a backwater area behind an island.
Depth is shallow and it lacks current behind the island.

Across the way on the North side of the River a lil bit downstream is a gas station and pub on the water.

Launch is at marker ~ 252.5 on the Northside, upstream of the bridge
and the backwater area by the island is at river marker ~ 248.5
The Dam is farther down at ~247, and the lock is even farther downstream on the left at 245.

All along that stretch you'll find small inlet creeks but i'd try the flats or backwater by the islands.

We keep a ski boat down there in the summer.
:D

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Here's a place you might want to look into. It's private but open to the public on Friday and Saturday. It's been some years since I've been down there but I know there was a good population of bass and pike. The link isn't the best but it helps in doing a little research with regulations on the lake.

http://www.wetlands-initiative.org/HHFishing.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.