Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The senko Is a better choice IMO. The Yum Dinger seems to fall really slow and will not sink well with some wind on the lake. The senko I think has more action (Wobble) when it falls. But the Dingers seem to be more heartier as in they can last longer unlike the senko. I prefer the senko. But the Yum Dingers are not bad on shallow lakes In my opinion.

·
Registered
826 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
The senko Is a better choice IMO. The Yum Dinger seems to fall really slow and will not sink well with some wind on the lake. The senko I think has more action (Wobble) when it falls. But the Dingers seem to be more heartier as in they can last longer unlike the senko. I prefer the senko. But the Yum Dingers are not bad on shallow lakes In my opinion.
Agreed 100%

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Haven't had alot of exposure to the real deal(senkos) but do know that Yum Dingers have worked for me when alot of baits haven't. I wouldn't hesitate to use either or if for the only reason I started with the Yum Dingers. Ever since, I never looked back to use the other. Dingers I believe are a bit cheaper and considering the fact that I go thru them so quickly, I have no reason at this point to utilize any other.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I've fished with both extensively... years ago before I realized that Gentlemen prefer Bronze :wink:

The Senko is a denser bait and like Wrench said...it falls faster. Whereas the Dinger being a lighter bait falls more gently.
If you want your dinger to fall faster just tuck a finishing nail or two into it....or experiment with different weighted rigs.

If you want your Senko to fall slower...well you're SOL :lol:

You can also add nails to the tail or head to achieve different "wobbles" (with both brands).

Both are fantastic lures but when I weigh the pros and cons(price, quantity, durability, versatility) the Dinger comes out ahead so I gotta agree with JB...Dingers is what I'd use if I was targeting LM's again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dinger, there is No Substitute!! :wink: If I want faster sinking, I just grab a weighted hook, and this year I am going to try the Powerbait Heavyweights to see if they sink fast enough to shed the weighted hook.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I used to swear by Senkos. Now I probably fish Dingers slightly more. The nice thing about the Dingers is that you can catch more than one fish on them before they tear apart.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love to wiggle my Dinger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.