Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if, just what if you throw some of these and find some goofy new action and you can't keep the fish off them?

Cash in and come up with some new hot (no pun intended) lures.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Cranked, yea. That happened to me once before from all the heat and sun I believe. This happened last year to me. I think it's because of the old Balsom wood they used on the rapalas. They get warped and soft and once the heat and moisture hit it. They are toast. Were the baits really sticky of paint? That's how mine were. Hope you find a replacement for them soon.

Sorry to hear about the tragedy of your lures, Now it just gives you an excuse to buy some more :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Might seem a bit ghetto but cut a pice of aluminum foil the size of the plastic lid and glue or tape it to the inside. It will reflect all the light and keep the inside of the box a lot cooler when sitting in the sun and that shouldn't happen again.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I was just thinking about that this weekend. I thought "I have had pretty good luck never ruining a bunch of lures, even though I leave them out all the time." Now I'm going to be a little bit more conscientious from here on out. It would be rough to loose that many "soldiers" in one hit. No more weeklong stays in the car for my gear. :shock:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks Cranked, I wasn't sure if those were plastic or Balsa in the pics. I remember my Balsa baits that got all messed up from the sun just got really soft and stick, but did not warp that much as those plastic baits or yours did.

I am lost on that green one as well, It almost looks like a Megabass Ito. But know its not on the shape of the head and lip. I don't think it's a Megabait either, You got me lost on that one as well. It does look good tho! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.