Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a few hours last night. Fished the NE bay from 5:30P-7:30P. Decent action all the way back in NE corner in about 4 feet of water. There was a small patch of green weeds which all the strikes came off of. Ended up with 2 bass and a small muskie. Towards the end of the evening I made a cast, took a couple turns of the reel and ripped the bait. I had the rod about ripped out of my hands on the pause and I parted ways with the -1. Even though I was bass fishing, I would of loved to at least gotten a look at that toothy critter. On a bad note the trolling motor died on the way in. I crossed checked everything I could think of, but can't find the problem. I am going to take it in to have the wiring looked at, but if it turns out to be the motor, I should be covered with the extended warranty I bought from Dicks last year. Kind of sucks to get boat gremlins a week before the WI opener :evil:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks for the shab update. Nice thing about bass fishing that NE corner of Shabbona in the spring is those bonas muskie crusing around willing to take a smaller baits.

When I left the launch on monday and talked to a Muskie guy said he was hitting it hard all day then finally downsized and got a mid to upper 30.

How big were the bass and ski?

Sucks about your troller, hope it's up and running in time for opener.

NPIKE

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Thanks for sharing the report Matt. I heard many good things about the NE coner for the Bass. Never fished Shab before but it will be on my list this year to fish. Hope everything is up and running before the WI opener. Looking forward to those great Lake Geneva and Delevan reports :D

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. No real size to speak of on any of the fish. The one that got away was a record breaker though :p I've been on the phone and playing email tag w/ people trying diagnoise the motor problem. I'm taking it to a shop today and hopefully it is just a minor problem that this country boy is too dumb to know how to fix himself :p

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Big bite-offs always make me cry. Goo thing you got some bass and the ski though. Sucks to have your troller break down on you. Hopefully you can get everything in line for the opener.

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Islandfisher said:
Big bite-offs always make me cry. Goo thing you got some bass and the ski though. Sucks to have your troller break down on you. Hopefully you can get everything in line for the opener.
Nothing can take you from total adrenaline to complete disapointmnet then having the rod practically ripped out your hands and then having a slack line a half second later.

·
Registered
266 Posts
my first time fishing there i went sick and it only got worse. I spewed over the side of the boat with maybe 6 others around us. I imbarassed my pops so bad. O well...

good luck with the motor, im looking to replace mine, hope you wont have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.