Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeling pretty good after the Delavan trip so I decided to try to keep my Shabbona muskie streak alive. I'm not a muskie guy, but through some good fortune, I have been lucky enough to land one on the last 3 trips. No monsters, but pretty cool none the less. Today I made it out from 530P-7:30, right before the weather started turning nasty. After a long drift with one follow I went back over the area one more time and got lucky once again with this 32''. Again not what I was targeting and on 6 lb. test, it made for some fun. It actually went through my swim ladder, but by that time it was pretty well finished and I was able to pull the line with my hand, bring the fish next to the swim ladder and slip the net under it 8:) Soon after it started to really look nasty to the North so I decided I had enough good luck for one day and headed back in.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Just the right place at the right time I guess for some of these fish. Believe it or not I do work 40+ hours and commute from Aurora to the Loop everyday. I am fortunate that the wife works nights and I can sneak out on weeknights occasionaly :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. The No-motor zone, NE Bay, and East Bay seem to be the hot tickets right now. Also have heard of some decent action around the damn face and Somanauk Point. The last time out I thought the water temps were just about perfect at 60 degrees, but I hear they have gone back down to around 55 or so. Guys have been doing really well out there, but I don't even think the peak fishing has even started yet. Wish I had more time (and more money for gas) :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.