Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I just decided to take a two day fishing trip to shabbona lake this spring break (march 26-28). I was wondering if the end of march produces many fish at this lake or in general? Seeing as I've only started to really get into fishing this past summer, i haven't fished the spring season yet. I went to shabbona once last may and had a great time and was hoping the fishing would turn up a few notches by the end of march. Any info. on this lake or what bait to use at this time of year would help greatly. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depending on water temp....I would try small minnows under a slip bobber in the no motor zone for crappie maybe some smaller plastics (worms or tubes) in the northeast bay for largemouth and the area by the dam drops of pretty quickly and that's always worth a shot.... If you plan on shore fishing, there are the points that have fish cribs aouond them within casting range.....getting a map of the lake (they sell them at alot of bait shops) and asking when you get into town will help too.... good luck and be sure to post how you did...I'm looking forward to fishing this lake alot this season!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.