Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're having a couple cold ones last friday and one of my buds casually mentions he has family that lives on the private shagbark lake... :wtf:

what ensued the following morning was the most action packed day of ice fishing for largemouth i've ever witnessed. there were quite a few mind blowing instances but what takes the cake is 3 flags in under 8 minutes to start the morning. that's right, 3 for 3 on the first sets within 8 minutes including one instance where while unhooking a bass, i left the mangled roach in the hole ( :moresarcasm: ), only for another bass to gobble it back up.

overall specimen size in this little sanctuary is outstanding. sight fishing for these blimps was incredible through clear water.

View attachment 4

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Had to look that up. First I've ever heard of it. Looks like a gem of a lake. Those 2 with the broken lines are pigs. Get us permission to night fish it this summer!! lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
dude... WHAT!!! Never seen so many LMBs pulled from the ice!

Edit- was so impressed by this report I started re-reading it and saw this

urbanHog312 said:
Now it makes sense :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those pics are maybe 1/2 of what we landed with probably a half dozen misses. truly incredible how well these fish do when they're not in a bucket. go figure.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Cool. I always wondered about that place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts