Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating wheather to get a Shimano Citca E or a Revo S.

I will be putting 14lb test fireline on the reel on a St. Croix Premier Trigger 6'6
Mostly used more Spinner bait Buzzbait topwater, jigs, and some plastics.

I will move my Citica D to my St. Croix MH 7'0 Rod with 50lb Power Pro.
used for Frogs, swimbaits, Pike, Salmon, and big fish techniques.

What reel is better for the technique i want it for the Revo S or the Citica.

Im open to all thoughts. Is it even a good idea to have the Citica D with Braid line on it. on a 7'0 MH Rod. :oops:

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Listen to Cranked and get a Revo SX. I have two of them and they are great reels for the price. At the Spring Classic with my points and the reel trade-in I got one for $80. You can find them on eBay cheap.

Another thing, I wouldn't put 14lb Fireline on a baitcaster. You are asking for trouble with that small of a diameter. Either go bigger and put a fluoro leader on it, or just use mono or braid in the first place. With that small of diameter you are going to have the line digging in and it will cause you to lose lures. I have seen it happen with 20lb Power Pro on a baitcaster. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My vote goes for a ebay Revo SX. I had the S and it appeared to be not as durable as the SX. I've only tried Citicas out in shops and they all feel flimsy when compared to the Revos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.