Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
im not trying to be an ass or anything but thats kind of an older real its good though but still i have a qunatum tour edtion pt 7 to 1 gear ration got it for 110 at cabelas ??? idk possibly lowering ur price down to 70 then people will possibly look into it

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's a very fair price for a 1-year old Curado in excellent condition especially when you consider it has $20 worth of line on it. And I'd take the Curado over any Quantum evey day of the week and twice on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I had both of the reels mentioned and I like the Curado better as well. I lost my Curado somewhere??? in the move, maybe in the UP, who knows... I have the stick it belongs on but not the reel. Very frustrating. :x

I might be interested but was thinking of getting lower gear ratio as my Quantum is a burner. Hopefully heading to BP this weekend this weekend. If it's still available on Monday I'll let you know. I know I'll buy another one then find it. Having two wouldn't be such a bad thing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
pm sent

I have also owned both reels and as mentioned above in my personal opinion Quantum is not in the same class as Shimano.
I don't think Quantum would be very popular without KVD and all other guys using them. It all about marketing. And KVD use them because he is GETTING PAID to do so.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Having used, Quantum, Shimano, Diawa, Pflueger reels, I have to agree about the Quantums being inferior. Just my opinion. Personally I like Diawas because of the magnetic brakes. Not a big fan of centrifugal brakes on the Shimanos.

·
Registered
248 Posts
ha you now what i think is funny is that kvd signature real its the same exact reel as the quantum code and kvd doesnt even use it hahaha piece of junk sry i just prefer the tour ive also tried out the curado on severel ocassions nice real

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.