Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post some results. I fished the shoreline on the northside all week. Nothing. Skunked. I was using a big rapala dark colored, a spinner bate and a shad rap #5. I went yesterday with a buddy of mine who told me to use a panther martin lure. I used a 1/8 ounce panther martin and took three nice sized smallmouth on the northside of the shoreline about a mile from the bridge. NOw for the real good stuff. Today, Monday April 21, I went about 430pm. I only used the panter martin 1/4 ounce on 20lb braided line. I was about a mile from the bridge on the north side. On the third cast I caught a 19" smallmouth. I ended up catching three more small mouth. &pm hit and I caught a 22" stripper. 712pm came and I casted the panther martin about 20 feet from shore. As soon as it hit the water, I caught the biggest stripper since Ive been fishing. It took me three minutes to bring it in, but I landed a 29" stripper. The water temp seems to be getting warmer and for the three hours I was there today, I saw numerous fish jumping and being active. I cant wait to go back.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to the site my friend and thanks for the Heidecke report.

Good job getting WAY out on the center dike. Most people don't make it much further than the bridge.

There are for sure some awesome fish in Heidecke - perhaps some of the biggest in the entire region! Takes some work though.

Nice job. Any pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.