Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since i don't got a boat i will be fishing from shore saturday. I will be fishing in Fontana by the beach and the Abbey Resort. Here are my questons

1. If you were fishing for Northern Pike from shore wat lures and wat presentation would you use?

2. Wat would you use for walleye from shore.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
A WALLEYE will be next to impossible to catch from there. Apike you have a chance at the end of the pier is 12 feet. A nice sized roach will be your best bet on a slip bobber throw out as far as you can and you will be in roughly 15 feet. Have caught pike off that pier in summer but fall is when there is more action. Ther are a good variety of fish that hang directly under the pier. A mini mite with a piece of crawler and a spltshot dropped around the pier could catch you smallie, largies, gills perch , rockies and even a nice sized crappie. GOOD LUCK, you might need it with all the people hanging around there on a weekend.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
A WALLEYE will be next to impossible to catch from there. Apike you have a chance at the end of the pier is 12 feet. A nice sized roach will be your best bet on a slip bobber throw out as far as you can and you will be in roughly 15 feet. Have caught pike off that pier in summer but fall is when there is more action. Ther are a good variety of fish that hang directly under the pier. A mini mite with a piece of crawler and a spltshot dropped around the pier could catch you smallie, largies, gills perch , rockies and even a nice sized crappie. GOOD LUCK, you might need it with all the people hanging around there on a weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.