Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning to have one week vacation in the mid of October with intent to go for a fishing in Wisconsin. I do not have a boat and no experience in operating one, so the only option for me is shore fishing. Is it worth going to Wisconsin? Any good spots?

Turtle Flambeau Flowage was adviced by a friend of mine. Does any one know if is good for a shore fishing? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
There are plenty of opportunities in that area. Best bet is to check out all the county parks that have water frontage. You should also consider emailing the DNR for suggestions.

Have you thought about renting a canoe? Turtle Flambeau is big water so if you haven't canoed stick to smaller lakes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
No,you are going to encounter water temps up there,you go in the water you are dead,you want to catch fish or just fish at some boat launch,most land is private, most fish will be heading to the deep by then up north,waste of time, go to southern il ,like Clinton Lake ,more shoreline than you can walk, heated water.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Clements fishing Barge in Genoa Wisconsinhttps://www.clementsfishing.com
If the link doesn't work Google it it's a great place to fish

·
Registered
878 Posts
Tons of shorefishing opportunities to be had at that time.
Any of the harbors along Lake Michigan will be game-on for kings & trout.
Any of the dams on the WI river, north of Wausau, will be very productive for walleye from shore, plenty of musky around, too.
Mid oct. the fish should have the feedbag on & be feeding pretty well. Dont know much about the TFF, but what I can tell you is if you find access to the tailwaters of any of the dams in that part of WI (theres plenty of them, with excellent access), you should be able to find plenty of good fish to catch.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Clements fishing Barge in Genoa Wisconsinhttps://www.clementsfishing.com
If the link doesn't work Google it it's a great place to fish
That sounds good too, he could find somewhere to stay nearby go on the barge everday ,need more information from him,donit know how to operate a boat ? What is his fishing capability? Family vacation ? Afford a guide? Rent a cabin ,hotel, sleep in a tent,much to vague, you happy just to fish ,but not catch anything, you want to catch fish what kind and how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts