Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

What been everyone's experience shore fishing at Beck? I'd like to try it out but just want to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
dagerth1308 said:
what kind of lures do you use? what spots do you fish?
I have been successful with texas rigged worms, wacky style senkos, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, flukes, and swimbaits. I like to fish the NW side of the lake, but you can catch fish anywhere.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I found it pretty difficult to fish there because of the tall grass all around the shallow. It was frustrating to clean off the grass at every retrieve so I stuck with the top water bait and managed a dink in one hour. It seems like mostly dinks are caught from the shore. However, it's a whole different story if you have a boat as you can see from some of the posts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
babyduke said:
I found it pretty difficult to fish there because of the tall grass all around the shallow. It was frustrating to clean off the grass at every retrieve so I stuck with the top water bait and managed a dink in one hour. It seems like mostly dinks are caught from the shore. However, it's a whole different story if you have a boat as you can see from some of the posts.
That tall grass was cut off sometime in mid season I believe, witch sucks by the way. I have caught some nice size bass out of Beck.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
BgBass is right. I miss the weeds too. Those weeds are a pain to clear off your lure every cast, but they also harbor some nice fish. The early summer weed kill thined that stuff out a while back. I like to work spinnerbaits through any pocket I can find in the remaining weeds. And maybe twitch a weightless creature through every now and again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i fished there yesterday, and let me tell ya, after all that rain it seems like the weeds just clumped all up at the shoreline, i lost 3 lures and no bites, and i usually land at least 1 bass everytime i go there. Was a let down. (2 of those lures were weedless btw)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.