Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my day on DPR near Dundee road. I was counting on clear water, but there was a work crew by the bridge that was removing the accumulated driftwood and sending all sorts of muck downstream. I fished downstream of the bridge for bit, decided to go upstream, but the workers were done with the bridge and were now walking along the west bank with chainsaws, destroying structure. I had one hit and miss from a small pike and decided that I've had enough. It was still early in the day and I decided to hit Beck for a couple of hours. The water was murky green olive, with quite a bit of weeds along the bank, it was windy, I even saw some whitecaps. I fished along the banks as wind blew me, caught a dink and felt complete, as I always do when I don't get skunked there. I then decided to move to the outer edge of the weedline, not an easy thing to do in that wind. I was ripping a jig through the weeds cleaning the salad after each cast. And then on one cast I realized that I may be pulling more than just salad, and then the line moved and the rod really loaded. After a brief fight I pulled out this guy, and probably for the first time this year reached for the tape measure. 19.5" and chunky, my PB there by a foot.
Water Vertebrate Sky Fish Fisherman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts